7.6.06

"Dust"

Man: Did you sleep with her?
Woman: Time to go to sleep.
Man: Did you?
Woman: Don't forget to set your alarm.
Man: Are you going to answer me or not?
Woman: Not.
Man: I want to know.
Woman: What would you do if I said "yes?" Use it as an excuse to go out and find some new sexual thrill? Some kinky, brutal male thing involving blood and dismemberment?
Man: No! I'd just want to know why. I'd want to know what it was I wasn't giving you that you had to go somewhere else. I'd want to know so that I could learn how to give it to you, whatever is was you needed to stay with me. Forver and ever. Because I love you more than life, and I would do anything -- anything! -- to keep your love.
Woman: (quite overcome) Oh!
Man: But if you still left me after all that I'd probably just hunt you down and kill you.
Woman: That's not funny!
Man: I'm sorry.
Woman: Why did you have to ruin it? You said something sweet and real, and then you just had to say something horrible.
Man: I can't help myself. I'm a man. It's like there's this programming built into my head. Anytime I say anything that borders on emotional truth, I have to automatically compensate by saying something stupid.
Woman: Is that what it is?
Man: Pity me, I'm emotionally challenged by virtue of gender.

* Trecho da peça Dust de Michael T. Folie

Nenhum comentário: